allinta CMS Requirements
In order to install and operate allintaCMS, you will need to ensure you can meet the following requirements:
Allinta CMS requires the following:
- IIS based Web server running on Windows eg. IIS4, 5.1, or 6 running on Win NT, 2000, XP Pro, or 2003 *
- ZIP Program to unpack the files
- FTP program to send files to your web site
That is it!
FTP programs: like WS_FTP or CuteFTP or FTP Voyager
ZIP programs: like WinZIP
* You can tell what server you are running at Netcraft, using What server is that site running...
In depth Technical Requirements (for developers)
|Supported servers:||Microsoft IIS4 or higher (IIS4, IIS5.1, IIS6)*|
Microsoft Access (DB supplied)
Microsoft SQL Server (setup script supplied)
MySQL (setup script supplied)
|Components required:||Windows Scripting run time (scrrun.dll) required for File Manager and export to HTML features only. These are normally enabled by default on most ISP/hosting platforms.|
Polar Crypto DLL (supplied - used for secure 1 way hash of passwords)
SSL certificate if secure editing of site required
Please discuss the above requirements with your current/potential hosting company or service provider to determine compatibility before purchasing.
To transfer the files in allintaCMS to your web site, you'll need an FTP program, like WS_FTP or CuteFTP.
To unpack your installation file, you'll need a ZIP program like WinZIP
You'll need FTP server details to transfer your files to your website, including:
- FTP Server
- FTP Username
- FTP Password
Any additional port information or information relating to connecting via FTP.
Your host(s)/service provider will be able to assist you obtaining these details and determining/troubleshooting any firewall or database-related port issues.
If using Microsoft Access, your web site will need read/write permissions for the directory where your Access database is located.
You do not need a copy of Microsoft Access installed, all administration of your CMS site is done through a web browser.
If using MySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server, you'll need additional information from your ISP on how to connect to your database.
The Windows scripting run time (scrrun.dll) is available by default on most Microsoft based web servers.
You also need read/write permissions for your web site to be able to upload files and export HTML.
If your host does not support the scripting run time, you can still use allinta CMS, however you will have to use FTP to transfer files to the server (such as graphics), and the output to HTML feature will not be able to be used.
The following items are optional:
- An SSL (secure sockets layer) certificate to access the site securely.
- The PolarCrypto DLL (supplied) to allow 1 way hashing of passwords, making it harder to gain unauthorised access to the Administration system of your site. The DLL and scripts for installing this component are included. Your ISP will have to register this dll on your web server.